About the church of Christ in Stevenson, Alabama
The church Of Christ congregation that meets and worships at 706 Kentucky Avenue in Stevenson, Alabama consists of approximately 40 members. Dale Andrews is the full time Preacher. The Stevenson church of Christ also has a youth program and an active evangelism program, including missionary work.
We are told in Acts 2 that we are added to the church when we are saved.
" And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." (Acts 2:47)
Therefore, one cannot "join" the church. They must do what is required of us to be saved, and then we are "added" to the church.
So what is required of one in order to be saved and added to the church?
· Hear: "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
· Believe: "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
· Repent: "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to
repent." (Acts 17:30)
· Confess: "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is
in heaven." (Matthew 10:32)
· Be Baptized: "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus
Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)
· Live a Christian Life: "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the
Lord and Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is
worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the
way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment
delivered unto them. (II Peter 2:20-22)
The congregation of the Lord's church in Stevenson, Alabama is a body of people with the intentions of speaking where the Bible speaks and remaining silent where the Bible is silent. We do things by Bible examples and to the best of our knowledge without adding to or taking away from God's word. What Christ gave us is as true today as it was when Peter preached it on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2.
If you have questions about the church or making sure that you are doing the will of God, members of the church of Christ will give you answers that come directly from the Word of God, not just by quoting a verse from here or there to make the Bible say whatever they want it to say, but in the correct context. It is important that we understand what God is saying to us, and we can't do that if we take a scripture out of context for sake of convenience.
We would be happy for you to worship with us. If you would like to know and understand more, we would be happy to set up a Bible study with you. If you are not in the Stevenson area, we would be happy to put you in touch with someone from a church of Christ congregation in your area. We pray that you will be of open mind to the Word of God and come and worship with us.